TeamViewer is one of the most popular remote computer control software today. However, many people have never used this software and wonder what TeamViewer is? What functions does TeamViewer have? Is it dangerous to the computer? Today, we will introduce you to the function, install the software and use TeamViewer on the computer?
TeamViewer application is software to monitor remote computers over the Internet, share desktops and exchange data between computers. TeamViewer is compatible with many different platforms, including Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, IOS and Android. TeamViewer allows users to access remote computer management by a web browser.
TeamViewer was founded in Ugingen in Germany in 2005. It is designed to work by installing it on a computer or launching it via activating a Portable version called QuickSupport. Although it does not need to be installed like TeamViewer by default, it still needs to be used to access and control other computers remotely. This software is integrated with AES 256-bit encryption technology to provide secure connections.
What is TeamViewer?
TeamViewer is a software that connects two or more computers to help you control other computers remotely to exchange data with each other. In addition, TeamViewer is also a concept that represents controlling a remote computer through software.
Application features include remote desktop access and online meeting participation. The purpose of TeamViewer is to allow you to support customers, work with colleagues remotely, connect to your devices or help friends and family members when needed.
The TeamViewer app is now activated and used on over 400 million devices, and at any given time, at least 30 million devices are connected to TeamViewer. In addition, they also constantly upgrade and develop many new products such as technology monitoring solutions, data backup, malware prevention and webinars.
TeamViewer’s portfolio of solutions supports the entire business process and solves problems with screen sharing, remote desktop access, online conferencing, anti-virus and much more under construction and development.
You can download and use TeamViewer software on Windows, Mac, Linux and other smart mobile devices.
How to install TeamViewer software
Step 1: Download the TeamViewer software.
Step 2: Open the TeamViewer installation file you downloaded.
Step 3: In the TeamViewer installation window, select Default installation. Check the box Show advanced settings, click Accept – next.
Step 4: Select the TeamViewer installation folder, or you can leave it as default. Click Next.
Step 5: Wait a few minutes for the installation to take place.
Step 6: Select the usage method you want to use:
- Yes, I want to explore the full-featured business trial: Try TeamViewer for business for 14 days.
- No, I only need TeamViewer for personal use: Using TeamViewer for personal use, this option will help you to use TeamViewer for free forever.
- No, I already have a license: If you have purchased a commercial account for TeamViewer.No, I already have a license: If you have purchased a commercial account for TeamViewer.
So, we will choose No, I only need TeamViewer for personal use and click Finish
Step 7: Then, the TeamViewer window will appear and you can use it to access everyone else’s computer.
- TeamViewer is available for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista , XP and 2000, and Windows Home Server, Windows Server 2012, 2008, 2003, 2000.
- TeamViewer can also launch Mac and Linux operating systems and Android, Windows Phone, IOS, and BlackBerry devices.
- If you own an iPhone/iPad, you can share your screen with remote TeamViewer users by installing TeamViewer Quick Support and then enabling screen recording.
- You can restart the remote computer in Safe Mode and then automatically reconnect to TeamViewer.
- No need to reconfigure the router to set up TeamViewer.
- Remote TeamViewer installations can be updated easily.
- Connections with TeamViewer will be recorded in a Video folder so you can easily review them if you want.
- TeamViewer has the option to share a single application window or the entire computer with others.
- Files, images, text, folders and screenshots can be transferred to two or more computers using the file transfer tools in TeamViewer or the regular Clipboard function.
- Files can also be transferred directly to TeamViewer from online storage services such as Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox.
- The whiteboard allows you to draw and emphasize objects right on the remote control screen.
- A remote system information tool is included so you can easily see the hardware parameters, operating system, and basic network information of the computer you are connected to.
- TeamViewer can be used as portable software for quick access or settings that always accept remote connections.
Benefits and limitations of TeamViewer
- It is a free remote control software.
- Chat support (text, video, and IP voice).
- Allow remote printing of documents when authorized.
- Support Wake On Lan (WOL).
- No need to reconfigure the computer network.
- Support working with multiple monitors at the same time.
- Can start and join online meetings.
- There is support for the portable shortened version, which does not require installation to use.
- Control computers remotely through Desktop programs, Smartphones or Internet browsers.
- It cannot be used for free in a commercial setting.
- Sudden shutdown may occur if it thinks you are using the software for commercial purposes.
- The ID number may be changed unexpectedly.
Features of TeamViewer
Cross-platform: Connect various platforms from PC to PC, from mobile to PC, from PC to Smartphone & tablet, or even between two mobile devices. Support for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, iOS, Android operating systems, Windows Phone and BlackBerry devices.
No need to reconfigure your computer: Install and use TeamViewer right away. TeamViewer can even work through firewalls and automatically detect any proxy configurations that have been set up.
See more: How To Turn Off Firewall On Windows 10
Multi-OS compatibility: TeamViewer can be used on the latest operating systems or older versions without any problems.
Multi-country support: TeamViewer software currently supports more than 30 languages and international standard keyboard support makes it the ideal solution for users in all parts of the world.
Free version supported: You will be able to use TeamViewer without providing any personal information. It also offers a free version that you can install and use at home.
Built-in device monitoring feature: Once logged into your device, TeamViewer will send you alerts about your computer’s SSD hard drive capacity, Windows Update, Virus protection and Windows firewall.
Data exchange: Share files with no size limit at speeds up to 200MB/s using conventional methods such as file managers, drag and drop files, and online cloud storage services.
Conversation capabilities: Instant messaging features include group chat, webchat, offline messaging, chat history, customer service support chat. Support is available on mobile devices and all communications are automatically end-to-end encrypted.
Video recording: Capture meeting information via video or remote control (including audio, IP talk, video and image via video) with a simple conversion to video format AVI.
Remote control: Support to control computers, laptops, Android, and IOS devices as if you were sitting in front of the screen.
Is it safe to use TeamViewer?
TeamViewer is a very secure remote control software that does not endanger your device at all. Because this is quite famous software and has high information security, you do not need to worry about this if you do not use cracked versions on the Internet. Connecting and controlling the computer requires other TeamViewer users to have your computer’s login ID and password. Therefore, it is extremely difficult to gain unauthorized access to your device.
Working principle of TeamViewer
TeamViewer also has another downloadable version that you can use to access and control your computer remotely. They have the same principle of operation, You can choose a version to use, as long as it suits your needs.
After installing and using TeamViewer for the first time, the system will provide you with a unique 9-digit ID series to identify that computer. This sequence of digits will not change even if you update the version or reinstall the TeamViewer software. This is the ID Number that you need to give other TeamViewer users to allow them to access your computer remotely.
Note: In principle, this ID sequence will never change, but some users have reported that their TeamViewer ID series has been changed unexpectedly. Therefore, if you plan to use TeamViewer as your only remote desktop application, you should consider installing an alternative software, TeamViewer, if you cannot access control of your computer via TeamViewer’s ID number.
All in One is the name of the full version of TeamViewer. This is a completely free program that you need to install if you want to manage your computer remotely. This will make it possible always to control the computer even when you are not sitting next to the device.
You can sign in to your TeamViewer account in the full version to easily monitor the activity of the remote desktop devices you have access to.
In addition, for quick support through TeamViewer, you can also use a shortened program called QuickSupport. This is the mobile version of the TeamViewer app, so you can launch it quickly and almost instantly get an ID Number so you can share it with other TeamViewer users.
If you want to help friends or family members, install the QuickSupport program for them. When you open the program, they will see the corresponding ID and password sequence they need to share.
How to use TeamViewer software
The first thing, the use of TeamViewer, will be split into two cases:
- You are someone who wants to connect to another computer device to control or do something.
- You need the help of someone else operating on your computer to do something.
First, you need to start the TeamViewer software by clicking on the TeamViewer icon on the Desktop or searching for TeamViewer on the computer. After successfully opening the application, you need to wait a short time for TeamViewer to set up the ID and password Password. The computer will display the login information and window. You can change the default password to a new one as you like.
For other users to control your computer, you need to provide the computer ID and Password by clicking on each part of the above two information and sending it via Facebook, Yahoo, Skype or text message. …
If you are the one who needs assistance, go to this step and wait for someone else to connect to your computer. If you are the person who wants to access another computer device, you need to enter the computer ID information in the right column and click the Connect button, then enter their password.
If you enter the correct password, TeamViewer will connect and display the computer screen you are trying to connect to. There will be many tools for you to handle, but the main function will still be to control the computer with operations: click, copy, install applications…