McAfee is one of the antivirus software on the computer equipped with many features that benefit users. So what is McAfee? Is it difficult to download and install? How to remove McAfee software? Let’s find out the content of the short article below to understand more about McAfee.
What is McAfee?
McAfee is one of the products of the prestigious leading brand in the US. McAfee is a highly secure tool that protects your laptop, computer from the intrusion of viruses or spyware… Researched and developed based on advanced algorithms. So it can scan data according to a pre-established schedule extremely effectively.
Features of McAfee
Here are some outstanding features of McAfee antivirus software. Please refer to this to learn more about this computer protection tool.
- Equipped with McAfee’s exclusive protection technology, it can protect your computer from virus/malware attack.Equipped with McAfee’s exclusive protection technology, it can protect your computer from virus/malware attack.
- Besides, this antivirus software also provides a two-way firewall. Thereby protecting you against potential risks from the dangerous internet.
- At the same time, it warns you against malicious websites that attempt to access your computer and steal your data.
- Protect your computer continuously in real-time.
- Besides, McAfee can also help optimize the performance of the computer.
- Performance optimization as well as password manager.
- Multi-device compatibility.Multi-device compatibility.Multi-device compatibility.
- Encrypted memory.
- At the same time, protect wifi, browsers and online payments very effectively.
Requirements of McAfee
Before proceeding with the installation of McAfee, you need to check if your computer is eligible for installation. Specifically:
To download and install McAfee on your computer, you need to ensure the following conditions:
- Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit).
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit).
- Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit).
- Windows XP.
- Windows 7.
- Windows Vista.
- Hard drive space must be free of about 500 MB.
How To Install McAfee On Windows 10
To install McAfee on your computer, follow the steps below:
Step 1: First we need to download McAfee antivirus software to the computer. Once downloaded, there will be a McAfee notice board, click on the line that asks for Agree and Install to accept the McAfee agreement and license.
Step 2: Depending on the computer configuration, McAfee downloads fast or slow. So please wait patiently for a while.
To save installation time, you can uncheck the box in the Options section.
Step 3: After the download is complete, a new interface appears on the screen. Select Next to continue downloading McAfee to your computer.
Step 4: In this step, you need to Enter the key in the empty box => Then select Next to continue.
Step 5: After clicking Next, a new interface of McAfee will appear. Here, if you have not registered for an email, click on this link and select Register Now to register an account. If you already have an email, at this step, you only need the email address and password used to register your previous account => Select Next.
Step 6: A new window appears on the screen, you need to click on Finish to complete the installation process.
After the installation is complete, McAfee will have an interface like the image below on your computer screen.
How To Remove McAfee From Windows 10
Although McAfee brings a lot of convenience to users. However, for some reason you want to uninstall this antivirus. You need to follow the steps below.
Step 1: First, you need to Enter the keyword Control Panel into the Windows search bar => Select Control Panel.
Step 2: After the Control Panel interface appears => Left-click on Uninstall a Program.
Step 3: After left-clicking on Uninstall a program, a new window appears => Please search and click on McAfee Software => Then click Uninstall/Change at the top.
Step 4: You need to left-click to check both lines in the section McAfee Programs => Left-click on Remove.
Step 5: In case you want to restart your computer, click Restart Now. Conversely, if you do not want to Reset, click Restart Later. In this case, I want to Reset, so I choose Restart Now.
So you can successfully delete McAfee from your computer.
By now, you must have known what is McAfee? Outstanding features as well as how to install and remove software quickly. Hopefully, with the above sharing, you have had a great experience with McAfee software.