With so many different iPhone photo apps on the App Store, the choices can seem overwhelming. That’s why we’ve put together a complete list of the 15 best photo apps you can download today to improve your iPhone’s photos.
Whether you are looking for a camera app, photo editing app, or photo-sharing app, you’ll find the best right here!
Photo editing apps and photography apps let you edit photos on your iPhone after taking them. With just a few basic editing tools, you can turn an ordinary photo into a stunning masterpiece.
While the iPhone’s built-in camera app is great, it sometimes doesn’t give you enough manual control. For example, you cannot adjust the shutter speed or ISO. If you want DSLR-like controls on an iPhone camera, you can download a third-party iPhone camera app.
Once you’ve taken and edited some great photos, you’ll probably want to share them with others. The photo-sharing app lets you present your photos to family, friends, and even strangers around the globe.
Best Photo Apps on iPhone
Powerful photo editing app with adjustment and filter tools:
- A variety of professional editing tools, but very easy to use.
- Adjust exposure, color and sharpness.
- Crop, rotate, straighten, and correct perspective.
- Selective adjustment, brushes and healing tools.
- Black and white and classic filters.
- Enhance portraits, vignettes, and lens blur.
- Double exposure, frame and text.
Snapseed is one of the most popular photo apps among iPhone photographers. If you only download one app for photo editing, let it be Snapseed.
This powerful (and free) photo editor can take care of nearly all of your photo enhancement needs. It’s great for using the most important image processing techniques, including exposure, color, crop, sharpening, and perspective adjustment.
It has a healing tool to remove unwanted objects from your photos, and you can even use the Brush or Selective tool to adjust the hue and brightness of just a portion of your photo.
Snapseed has a collection of preset filters and filters. They provide a quick way to change the look of your photos. You can convert photos to black and white using filters. Or enhance the color and apply a grungy or vintage look.
The portrait tools are great for smoothing skin and brightening eyes. It even has a head pose tool that adjusts the angle of your subject’s head in portrait shots.
Suppose you’re editing a bunch of similar photos. In that case, the Last Edits option will save you time by applying similar edits to each photo.
Snapseed is a great photo app for all iPhone photographers. When you start using Snapseed, it has the potential to become your photo editing app.
A style editing app with a built-in camera and photo sharing community:
- Subtle one-touch filters mimic the look of classic movies.
- Adjust the filter strength.
- More than 130 filters are available through an annual subscription.
- Editing tools for crop, exposure, color and sharpness.
- Integrated camera application and photo-sharing platform.
- Price: FREE (there are subscription fees for additional filters and tools)
VSCO (called “Visco”) is famous for its built-in filters that allow you to change the look of your photos quickly.
VSCO filter allows you to change the look of your photos with just one touch. They provide a quick and easy way to enhance your iPhone photos.
Many filter apps have colorful filters that can ruin your images. But VSCO is different. The very nice and underrated VSCO filters emulate the look and feel of the classic film.
And you can easily adjust filter intensity, allowing you to reduce the effect to create the look you want.
Filters are conveniently organized into different categories, such as Warm, Cool, Vivid, and Black & White. You will also find filters suitable for specific photography types, such as Portrait, Nature, and Urban.
In addition to filters, the app has a good set of editing tools for fine-tuning color and exposure.
VSCO also includes a built-in camera app with manual controls. And it even has its photo-sharing platform.
Lastly, VSCO has an integrated image sharing platform. Here you can publish your images to your profile in the VSCO app and discover other photographers’ works.
Whether you want to take pictures, edit or share iPhone photos, VSCO has it all. If you love making subtle film-like edits, this is a photo app you should have in your gallery.
3. Adobe Lightroom CC
Adobe Lightroom is a professional photo editing application with advanced editing tools.
- Powerful editing tool in a simple user interface
- Advanced editing tools including curves and color mixing tools
- Selective editing, healing tools, and perspective editing
- Preset one-touch filters for quick editing
- Price: Free (there is a subscription fee for premium features)
Get a consistent look by copying your favorite edits into the entire photo album. Adobe Creative Cloud syncs edit between iPhone, iPad, desktop, and the web.
Adobe Lightroom CC provides a powerful set of tools for editing your iPhone photos.
You can edit photos in seconds using sliders and one-touch filters. But it’s the advanced photo editing tool that makes this app stand out.
Curves, color blending, and gradation tools provide incredible control over color and exposure.
You can also apply selective edits to certain parts of an image. And the healing tool makes it easy to remove unwanted objects from your photos.
If you use Lightroom to edit photos on your computer, it could become your favorite photo app for iPhone.
The leading platform for photo sharing, with an excellent set of photo editing tools:
- Largest photo-sharing platform with more than 800 million users
- Share your photo and build the following Instagram.
- Discover inspirational images from photographers around the world
- Edit your photos right before sharing them
- Good selection of color and black and white filters
- Editing tools for exposure, color, sharpness, and more
- Direct messaging widget for private chats
Instagram is the best photo app for iPhone photographers looking to share their photos. It’s the ultimate blend of photography and community.
Within seconds, you can share your pictures with millions of people. And by posting high-quality photos, you’ll soon build some people who like your work.
Instagram is perfect for discovering inspirational photos from a wide range of genres. And it’s easy to connect with like-minded people through comments or private messages.
Hashtags allow you to search for certain types of photos, such as landscapes or silhouettes. You can even find images captured in a specific location.
The Instagram app also has a wide selection of editing tools. So you can enhance your images right before you share them.
There are a bunch of filters available to change the look of your images. And editing tools let you improve exposure, color, and sharpness.
You can also crop, rotate, straighten and correct perspective. And you can add a vignette or tilt-shift effect.
Ulike is a photo capture, photo management and editing software for Android, iPhone, iPad and completely free.
It provides features including ID Photo Camera, Effect Camera, Selfie Camera, Easy Camera, Scene Camera, Funny Camera, Tilt-shift Camera, Color-shift Camera, Audio Camera, Video Camera.
Users can take pictures through available colors (filters).
Ulike also has sophisticatedly designed eye-beautifying effects, nose and mouth, removing scratches, smoothing the skin, adding photo filters and special photo effects. Creates bright white skin that erases blemishes and blemishes.
Snow is a photography app used by more than 200 million people around the world.
- Create and save custom beauty effects.
- Take a selfie with stylish AR makeup features.
- Discover thousands of stickers with updates every day.
- Don’t miss out on exclusive seasonal filters that add color to your everyday life.
This photography application provides users with lots of stickers and animations; you can add motion stickers, doodles, or captions to photos in real-time.
Snow stands out in having a relatively youthful reading color filter for young people. Besides, Snow can edit the parts of the face in the photo; Highlighting is the feature of tapering, makeup for the face. Snow can also record videos with music and images that are instantly edited in the video.
Filter storage feature for subsequent use. Besides, B612 can also record the boomerang video playing loop.
- More than 1,500 diverse stickers.
- Real-time beauty effects of getting the perfect shot at the same time
- Immaculate filters to suit your taste.
- Easily create high-quality music videos.
- Meet cute characters appearing using AR labels (Only available on select devices with iOS 11 and up.)
- Record fun boomerang videos that play on a loop.
- Use editing tools from the gallery to make your existing photos even more special.
- Create a collage where you can see all of your best moments in one place.
B612 does not have a diverse face recognition ticker. It can transform your face or turn you into an optional beast. The app also comes with shining effects and an analog filter for new colors. During real-time shooting, you can also use the following effects without waiting for the shoot to finish editing: Whiten and smooth skin, big eyes, Vline chin, self-makeup.
8. Camera 360
It can be said that Camera 360 is one of the first beautiful photo-editing App to appear. With the competition of other late birth apps, the Camera 360 app is still holding its position.
Camera360 will give you a concise and easy-to-understand visual experience. Motion Stickers & Funny 3D Stickers make your photos and videos selfie creative and fun.
More than 100 classic photo filters to make you a master photographer! Live filters include Magic Skin / Sky / Color, Mirror, Double Exposure, Film, HDR, Storm, Starry Night, B&W, Bokeh, Sketch.
Camera 360 has now added many features to catch up with other photography software such as: adding motion stickers, adding captions, you can also view photo galleries of other users around the world. The 360 camera can now assess the development of a social network.
9. Camera+ Legacy
An incredibly powerful camera app that integrates with filters and editing tools:
- Camera app with shutter speed, ISO, white balance and manual focus control.
- Slow shutter mode for long exposure photography.
- Portrait mode for blurring the background.
- Macro mode for taking close-up photos.
- Option to shoot in RAW format.
- Integrated photo editor.
- Price: $ 2.99
Camera+ Legacy is a powerful camera app with a built-in photo editor. It offers manual iPhone camera controls, including shutter speed, ISO, white balance, and focus.
It also has a wide range of shooting modes for different situations. Macro mode is perfect for taking macro photos up close to insects and flowers.
Slow shutter mode helps you take beautiful long exposure photos. Portrait mode blurs your photos’ background, allowing you to take professional portrait photos with your iPhone. This is similar to Portrait mode in the built-in iPhone Camera app.
Note: Portrait mode in Camera+ Legacy can only be used on iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max.
Another great Camera+ Legacy feature is the ability to separate focus and exposure points. This makes it easier to focus on one part of the image but exposes it to another.
A handy editor provides tools to improve exposure, color, and clarity. Or you can use the one-touch filters to quickly change the look of your photos. Layer feature allows you to stack multiple filters for a unique look.
10. Cortex Camera
A camera app capable of great night photography without a tripod:
- Allows you to shoot in very low light and at night
- Take multiple photos and then mix them to get rid of the noise.
- Electronic image stabilization means no need for a presser.
The Cortex Camera, popularly known as the Cortex Cam, seems magical. It allows you to take low-light photos without using a tripod.
This app is perfect for shooting at night. It uses to minimize digital noise (grain) in very low light situations because of a unique process.
Usually, the camera will increase the ISO to lighten the sensor when you shoot in low light. Unfortunately, this has the annoying side effect of adding noise or grain to an image.
The Cortex Cam takes many images in a short amount of time and quickly organizes them in case you move a little while taking the photo. It then averages all of those shots to reduce the digital artifacts that result in grainy images. The result is a crisp, clear, high-quality picture.
When you shoot with the Cortex Cam, you have to hold it still for a few seconds until the temperature bar at the bottom lets you know it’s been exposed. Then you have to wait a few more seconds until the app does its magic before saving the image.
The default shooting mode allows you to take low-light pictures. However, advanced users can fine-tune the app further by controlling the exposure level, exposure time, and the number of frames captured.
Once you try out Cortex Camera, you’ll never use a camera app to shoot at night or in low light settings.
A versatile photo editing app that allows for simple editing as well as complex art blending:
- Many photo editing tools
- Integrated filter options with conventional and unique styling
- Artistic tools for creating artist, sketching and other creative effects
- The Mixer tool allows you to blend two photos to create a double exposure.
- The powerful Mask tool allows you to limit the effect to only certain areas of the image.
Suppose you’ve already mastered some other editing app and are looking for something a little more advanced. In that case, you might enjoy working with Enlight. This is a powerful all-in-one photo editing app that can do a bit of work.
Enlight has the usual editing tools you’d expect, such as exposure, color, and crop. But it also has some nicely built filters that allow for mixed tones, a variety of black and white, and great controls over highlights and shadows.
Where Enlight is set apart is with the Mixer and Mask tools. The mixer allows you to combine two photos into a beautiful double-exposed image, with all kinds of different blend modes to create perfect images.
The Mask tool allows you to “paint” over images to identify parts affected by any filter or effect. This makes it easier for you to apply spot colors or more subtle effects to your photos.
Remove unwanted parts of the photo quickly and easily:
- An application dedicated to removing unwanted elements from your photos
- Eliminate blemishes, power lines and other distracting objects
- One-touch bug fixes object to disappear instantly.
- Handy sugar removal tool
- Clone tool to copy or delete an object
- Price: $ 1.99
From photos on your iPhone, it only takes seconds to remove the distracting objects spoiling your images.
It’s easy to remove elements like junk, signs or a person. Use your finger to paint over the object or select it with the lasso. Then watch it disappear.
The app works by analyzing the pixels around your selection. It then replaces the selected object with pixels from the surrounding area.
This app is great for removing imperfections in portrait photos. You can make blemishes and blemishes disappear with just one touch.
The line removal tool is perfect for erasing power lines and phone posts. You don’t even have to be precise. Highlight part of a line and the application will delete the entire line.
13. Afterlight 2
Full-featured photo editor with advanced tools and creative options:
- Adjust exposure, color and sharpness.
- Advanced tools like curves, selective colors, gradients, and blend modes
- Dust and light leak
- Dual exposure tool for seamless photo blending
- Add text and artwork using layers.
- Free filter packs from popular mobile photographers
- Price: $ 2.99
If you want to go beyond basic image editing, Afterlight 2 is a great place to start.
It offers a wide range of editing tools, as well as art options. Despite having a comprehensive toolkit, it is very easy to use.
For basic edits, this app has the usual color, exposure, sharpness, and crop tools. But it also offers advanced editing features like curves and selective colors.
You can use filters and overlays to enhance the mood or add artistic flair. Afterlight 2 comes with a basic filter, but you can download many free filter collections.
The dual exposure tool allows you to create unique photo combinations. And you can add graphics to your images using text and artwork tools.
Powerful camera app with DSLR-like controls:
- Full-featured camera application with a simple and neat user interface
- Easily adjust shutter speed and ISO.
- Advanced white balance setting
- The on-screen chart to help with exposure
- HDR and LowLight modes for difficult lighting conditions
- Option to shoot in RAW, TIFF and HEIF formats
- Price: $ 5.99 (with in-app purchase for HDR & Low Light mode)
ProCamera gives you incredible control over your camera settings. If you’re looking for a DSLR-like experience with your iPhone camera, ProCamera is the app for you.
The clean and simple interface makes it easy to adjust settings like ISO and shutter speed. And the chart on the screen helps you get the perfect exposure in the photo.
Advanced white balance settings allow you to fine-tune color and temperature.
ProCamera has several handy settings for shooting in awkward lighting conditions. An anti-shake setting ensures you never get blurred photos.
LowLight modes help you take better photos in dark conditions. And HDR mode is perfect for creating better exposures in high contrast scenes.
HDR and LowLight + modes are only available with in-app purchases. But you can try it out before you buy to see if you like them.
Add vignettes, particles and lighting effects for unique and creative edits:
- Easily add color textures and treatments to your photos.
- Lots of light leaks, emulsions and grain options.
- Split multiple effects for a unique look.
- Use a pre-made recipe to edit your photos quickly.
- Create your recipes and save them for later use.
Mextures is a fantastic app for adding beautiful vignettes to your iPhone photos. It also includes other effects like film grain, light leak, and gradient.
You can stack an unlimited number of effects to create a unique edit. Each layer is adjustable, so you can change the opacity and blending mode to achieve the look you want.
If you are new to Mextures, you can get started using a variety of preset recipes. You can save and share your recipes and even import recipes from other Mextures users.
Mextures also has a standard set of editing tools and filters. You can use these to fine-tune the exposure and hue of the final image.
If you want to make unique, beautiful edits Mextures is the app for you.